Fresh Start? Real Housewives Star Opens Up About Her Dating Life After Divorce

   

Porsha Williams gave an update on her personal life.

In March 2025, the returning “Real Housewives of Atlanta” star spoke out during an appearance on “Watch What Happens Live” to share the latest on her divorce from husband Simon Guobadia and her feelings on dating following her split.

Porsha Williams files to divorce Simon Guobadia after 15 months

According to Bravo.com, Williams filed for divorce from Guobadia in February 2024 after 15 months of marriage. On the RHOA season 16 premiere, Williams explained that “trust issues” existed in her marriage. Speaking with Bravo host Andy Cohen on March 9, she shared that she still wishes Guobadia the best.


Porsha Williams Isn’t Interested in Dating Right Now

In November, Williams told E! News that she had been on multiple dates and was interested in one person in particular. “I still got a lot juggling right now. But there is someone I’m liking a little more than others,” she teased.

She also noted that her RHOA castmates had “a lot of guys” for her to date once she’d had a chance to “ heal and deal.”

While on WWHL, Williams admitted that dating is not something she’s interested in right now. When Cohen asked if she’s dating at the present time, Williams said, “Not yet, I’m not comfortable, I’m not really comfortable.”

“I did try, trust me,” the mom of one added. “I did, I went on a date, well a few, and it just was like ‘I don’t really give a f what you’re talking about.’ So I have to get to the space where I want to get to know someone because I really don’t want to get to know people right now in that way.”


Porsha Williams Says She’s Still Married

Porsha Williams and Simon Guobadia
Porsha Williams and Simon Guobadia.

During her WWHL appearance, Williams was also asked the status of her divorce. “I is still married,” she told Cohen. “It was about to be over and then, unfortunately, he had been detained [in a facility].”

According to People magazine, in February 2025, Guobadia, a Nigerian native who migrated to the U.S. in 1982, was detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) as part of the deportation directive put into effect by President Donald Trump. 

“Our last court date, he requested for it to be in person,” Williams elaborated on WWHL. “I didn’t want it to be in person because I kind of knew the climate. And unfortunately he walked into, it but I think he’ll figure it out. I wish him well and I, you know, I pray for him and his family maybe they can figure it out.”