Wynne Evans is set to join forces with a former Strictly Come Dancing star as his first performance since being axed from the live tour has been revealed.
Last year, the GoCompare opera singer, 53, was forced to step back from the competition’s annual tour after he was caught on camera making an ‘inappropriate comment’ where he joked about having a threesome – or ‘spit roast’ – with Strictly presenter Janette Manrara.
He was later told by BBC bosses that such behaviour would not be tolerated and issued an apology ‘for the pain my inappropriate action caused’.
Evans also said he would be taking a break from the public eye for ‘self-reflection’ and to ‘prioritise my wellbeing’, with recent reports now claiming he’d been axed as the face of the GoCompare adverts.
However, fans have now predicted his ‘comeback’ is underway, after it was revealed Evans would be returning to the stage for a performance this summer.
The singer has been announced as a headliner for Wight Proms Festival, taking place in August.

He joins Lee Mead, comedy cabaret group Fascinating Aida and former Strictly star Giovanni Pernice in the line-up.
Among those to have liked the announcement was Evans’ former Strictly partner Katya Jones, while one fan, Paul, commented: ‘Start of the comeback Wynne, I’m sure you will be amazing.’
Pernice’s show will take place on the Saturday, with an announcement teasing fans can ‘delve into his fascinating life’ where he is set to talk about Strictly as well as ‘spill the beans on what it is like touring with Anton Du Beke’.

Meanwhile, Evans will perform the following evening for Last Wight of the Proms, as ‘the festival reaches its climax in a rousing celebration of British music and flag-waving’.
The news comes after Evans spent months out of the spotlight following the scandal, after which he released a statement saying: ‘My language was inappropriate and unacceptable for which I sincerely apologise.’
He had been on tour with the likes of Tasha Ghouri, Dianne Buswell, Vito Coppola and Nikita Kuzmin when the obscene comment referencing threesomes was made during a photocall.

In the video, it appeared he was talking to EastEnders actor Jamie Borthwick, who apparently ‘winced’ at the comment, while Manrara stood between them, though it was unclear if she heard.
Following the allegations, Evans wrote on Instagram: ‘I’ve agreed with the BBC that I’ll take some time out from my radio show and the Strictly Live tour as well as my other public commitments to prioritise my wellbeing.
‘I am deeply sorry for the pain my inappropriate action have caused, and plan to take this time for self-reflection.
‘Apologies to those I won’t get to see at the remaining performances and I’m grateful to my fellow tour gang for all the amazing support they have given me.’
This came after Evans sparked controversy with his former pro dance partner Jones during their time on the live shows, when they were forced to address a ‘silly joke’ he made after he had placed his hand on her waist and kept reaching it further around her midriff until she removed it with a smile on her face on live TV.
Evans and Jones repeatedly denied that he engaged in any sort of ‘inappropriate’ behaviour or upset her at all.
Meanwhile, Pernice, 34, has been performing and starred on Italy’s version of Strictly in recent months, after he quit Strictly last year, following allegations made by his former dance partner Amanda Abbington.

The BBC later released its findings of a months-long investigation into his conduct on the programme, and issued an apology to Sherlock actress Abbington, 53, while upholding some of her complaints, and clearing the Italian pro dancer of the most serious allegations.